Wednesday 6 June 2007

Home train museum


Have you ever wished you had a really huge toy train? How about a real train? Or maybe even a train museum?
Some people just don't settle for a wish. Some of us always want the real thing!


Every day, on my way to work, I pass by this ordinary looking house (you can see my trusty old bike in the bottom right corner)


I guess this one guy living there has settled for nothing less than a real thing. In front of his house he has the real tram wagon and two (2!) real-size old locomotives. All of which are museum material, so I guess he must feel like having a home train museum. I guess most people would say it's just a heap of old rusty rubbish belonging to a rubbish dump.


The amazing thing is that this house is located just five minutes (by bike) from the Ljubljana city center. You can walk right by the house and not even see the thing. Who would have a train parked in front of his house, right? There isn't even a railroad track nearby.



Let's face it - you'd never expect a locomotive in a backyard. So I'm pretty sure most of the people passing by don't even know it is there.


3 comments:

People in the Sun 6 June 2007 at 20:07  

Maybe he knows something you don't? Maybe it's a time machine?

By the way, I love your bike.

Anonymous,  7 June 2007 at 12:33  

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I've added you to my blogroll. Have a great day! Lady Rose

Travel-PB 7 June 2007 at 13:32  

Thank you both. You never know... maybe it is a time machine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Label Cloud

Followers

Blog Archive